Construction Technology (SFW)
Identify and apply suitable construction processes and technologies. Interpret information on construction methods, machines, tools and materials available, relating to woodworking operations.
At the end of each learning unit, the learner will be able to:
- Interpret information on construction methods, machines, tools and materials available
- Identify suitable construction processes and technologies
- Identify appropriate machines, tools and materials required for construction projects
(Trainees will learn how to operate: Panel Saw / Edge Banding Machine / CNC Drilling Machine / CNC Nesting Machine)
- Identify alternatives for techniques that would not meet project timelines and cost requirements
- Apply suitable construction processes and technologies
- Learn to fabricate a bedside table & chest of drawers (Trainees get to bring home both products)
19 Feb – 7 Mar 2024 (14 training days, weekdays only)
(9am – 6pm)
(2 Woodlands Sector 1, #03-14
Woodlands Spectrum 1, Singapore, 738068)
Mr Aaron Boo
Experienced Consultant with a demonstrated history of working in the furniture industry. Skilled in PYTHA, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Solidworks and Inventor. Strong consulting professional with a Bachelor’s Degree focused in Mechanical Engineering from National University of Singapore.
Nett Fees Payable (inclusive of 8% GST):
- SME-sponsored: $1,900.00
(SC/PR of all ages)
- Non-SME sponsored/ Self-sponsored: $2,900.00
(SC below 40 years old; PR of all ages)
- Non-SME sponsored/ Self-sponsored: $1,900.00
(SC 40 years old and above)
Funding & Claims
To be eligible for funding, company-sponsored staff attending courses must be employed by company, and company also contributes CPF to staff.
– Foreigners may attend short courses but are not entitled to course fee subsidy and absentee payroll funding.
– SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit(SFEC) supportable (https://sfec-microsite.enterprisejobskills.gov.sg/home/).
– Absentee payroll claimable ($4.50 per hour).
– Supported under NTUC’s UTAP
– PSEA (Post-Secondary Education Account) -approved
* Self-sponsored individuals must be at least 21 years old